Sunday, May 23, 2010

American Robin in our backyard

Wait... what???? In case you're wondering what this was doing in my backyard let me just say that I am from Fresno, California. My name is Sanzari Aranyak and I am Doro's 10 year old cousin. The American Robin hangs out in our backyard every winter and my dad took this picture (with my little sister's help) during this year's Great Backyard Bird Count. (I was unable to participate because of school.) If you want to know what else they saw check out my dad's blog.

I like the American Robin because it has a warm breast and a cheery song. Though they are city and town birds they can also be found in the Alaskan wilderness and in mountain forests. To learn more about this bird go to All About Birds the website from Cornell University's Lab of Ornithology which conducts the Great Backyard Bird Count.

Photo: Madhusudan Katti, Fresno, California, USA
Write up: Sanzari Aranyak, Fresno.

No comments:

Post a Comment